Oscar Store Logo
Home About Calendar Menu Contact
 
old storefront

The original Oscar Store was built in 1934 and run by Rudy and Grace Schiller. In 2005, the building was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. Thomas Maddux rebuilt and reopened Oscar Store in 2009.

Oscar, which was also known as Jones Gin, is on Little Elm Creek and Farm Road 3117 six miles east of Temple in eastern Bell County. It was founded by Czechs in the late nineteenth century and had a post office from 1892 to 1904. In 1896 Oscar reported a population of 115, a cotton gin, a hotel, a general store, a blacksmith, and a barber. [Handbook of Texas Online]
front

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2014 The Oscar Store, All Rights Reserved. Website by Cynnamon Hines.